Key points to remember when attempting your workout and submitting your video:
- The athlete must state their full name, affiliate and workout number at the beginning of each WOD attempt i.e Carl Saville, CrossFit Dire Wolf, The European Championships 17.1. The same applies for our team event as all athletes must submit a video link with their teams score.
- Any weights/equipment must be measured and displayed clearly at the beginning of each workout. This must also remain in shot for the remaining part of the video.
- All movements should be recorded from a side angle to make sure the athlete performs each rep successfully & clearly. If you leave any doubt then our judging team will remove any scores which cannot be verified as being performed correctly.
- A WOD clock must remain in full view throughout the whole workout attempt unless stated otherwise by our events team or you’re using the WODProof app.
- The video CANNOT be broken i.e successful entries must submit 1 recording all throughout the WOD. NO PAUSING & NO OVERLAPS, just 1 recording making sure all the above standards have also been met too.
- Every WOD must be uploaded onto ‘YouTube’ and contain the following in the title: Athlete/Team name, event name & qualifier number i.e Carl Saville The European Championships 17.1 (For WOD1) or Carl Saville The European Championships 17.3 (For WOD3) then you must upload your video link onto your profile upon submission of your score.
Failing to complete the above rules may result in your attempt becoming invalid and your score being withdrawn from the competition!
Extra Submission Information:
- Any ‘no reps’ given by our judging team will result in a ‘time’ or ‘rep’ penalty being added to your final score: I.e if the athlete receives 3 no reps during their attempt and the WOD was for reps, then they would have them individual reps removed from their score and if the WOD was for time then a time penalty will be added/subtracted from your final score total!
Here is an acceptable video submission example from Tommy Marquez at CrossFit HQ:
Please find below our extended Rules & Regulations regarding team substitutions:
- After registration, a team will be able to make as many substitutions as they chose before the team submits their 1st official score for that set of online qualifiers, at this point this will become your 4-person starting team.
- Teams will then be allowed to make 2 replacements during the remainder of the competition until WOD1 of the live finals starts, at this point your team must remain the same throughout the rest of the live final’s competition.
- No substitutions are allowed for our ‘Individual’ competition and all athlete payments are non-refundable for both events.
- Photo identification may also be required upon athlete registration at the finals.
- To make your teams substitution please click here, complete & submit the required online form:
Competition Entry Fees:
- Online qualifier entry fee = £17pp (Individual) and £47 (Team)
- Finals entry fee = If you are successful in making it through to the live finals, then to accept your place you will be asked to pay an attendance fee, our aim is to make this completely free for athletes! This will dependent on how many people have registered for our online qualifiers and ticket sales for the live finals themselves.
- Event Pricing Update 2021 (CV19)
First of all, we want to thank you all once again for your ongoing support throughout this extremely challenging time due to the global pandemic. Because of the large ongoing running costs of our competition and the loss of revenue spent on advertising our previous events in 2020 (which we were forced to postpone and cancel due to covid), this meant we nearly lost our events but thanks to our incredible management team (who volunteer for free throughout the year) and all of your ongoing support, we have managed to save our event and now looking forward to hosting our 9th year!
We’ve always tried to host our events at a minimal cost to the athletes themselves and will continue to do so. After the last year and almost all our running costs now increasing too due to the impact covid has had, we will also need to increase our event prices if we are to continue to run them.
This year we’ve also tried to add even more participation value by hosting an ‘off site’ event on the Friday, a new fun and exciting endurance test…
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this further then please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Train hard, be ready for anything and we’ll see you all soon!
Carl & Team
- All entry fee’s throughout our competitions are non-refundable.